One song a day may sound like a lot. It’s a little intimidating at first, but totally achievable with a little discipline and inspiration.
Songwriting Challenge Sign Up
It generally takes me 1-2 hours to put something together from scratch. Even less (30 minutes) if I’m inspired and or working from templates. This was my method for surviving the music licensing case study I conducted in 2013.
If you struggle with writing or you’re looking to get back on track, then this challenge is right for you.
The idea behind this challenge is to help you develop a habit of creating music on a daily basis.
For the next 31 days, you’ll be creating one song per day regardless of how inspired you are. The goal isn’t to create the next big hit; it’s to create a catalog of work that’ll serve multiple purposes.
- A pool of inspiration to make your writing easier.
- A catalog of music you can shop to industry professionals.
- Prepare you for creating music on short deadlines
So, if you want to be part of this, continue reading.
Here Are The Rules
- Create 1 song a day for 31 days
- Don’t worry about Mixing/Mastering, just create
- Check-in with me on a daily basis (G+ or Twitter)
- Be Positive. Don’t disrespect anyone’s music or genre of choice
How The Songwriting Challenge Works
- Sign Up Here – it’s free of charge
- Create daily, and keep track of your progress.
- Join my G+ Group for encouragement, feedback, and accountability.
- You can also engage via Twitter by using the hashtag #1songaday.
- After 31 days, we evaluate the techniques that worked vs what didn’t.